HI EVERYONE, I’M DOING A LI’L VEGAN GIVE-AWAY!!!
Hey everyone; That Vegan Cosplayer here! I’m gonna be doing a li’l vegan give-away! Why? Because I love you guys and I like to give people STUFF! Why vegan? Well, I think that should be pretty obvious.
Simply REBLOG and FOLLOW me to enter the give-away! Please remember that the winner (yes – only one winner) will be chosen AT RANDOM! There is more information in the rules below!
This contest begins Monday, August 11 2014 at 8pm PST and will end Thursday, September 11 2014 at 8pm PST.
GOOD LUCK!!! (And yes – I will ship to the winner wherever they may be; even outside of the USA!)
WHAT’S GONNA BE IN THIS PACKAGE?!
- “Dominion” by Matthew Scully! – used but in good condition.
- “The Raw Truth” by Jordan Rain! – new.
- “Vegan Freak: Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World” by Bob and Jenna Torres! – used but in good condition.
- “In Defense of Animals: The Second Wave” by Peter Singer! – used but in good condition.
- “Forks Over Knives” DVD! – a documentary about plant-based eating.
- Various vegan pins!
- Various “Liberator” pins!
- Various vegan stickers!
- A copy of “Liberator Volume One: Rage Ignition” by Matt Miner, Javier Aranda, Joaquin Pereyra, Tim Seeley and Black Mask Studios – SIGNED by Matt Miner and myself!
- "101 Best Vegan Foods" by Publications International, Limited! - new (Added August 14, 2014)
- Two (2) boxes of Earth Balance vegan cheddar flavor mac & cheese! - Vegan, non-GMO. Not gluten-free, but supposedly nut and soy free. Requires vegan butter and non-dairy milk, as well as appropriate cooking utensils to prepare. (Added August 14, 2014.)
- Possibly more stuff on the way – WHO KNOWS!!
- There will be ONE winner, and that winner will be drawn RANDOMLY.
- You must both reblog this post AND be following me to get ONE entry! (This is also a MUST HAVE to be counted for other entries!)**
- Once rule two has been met, you may reblog this as many times as you like for more entries!**
- LIKES DO NOT COUNT FOR ENTRIES!
- Your blog must be a PERSONAL blog that is JUST you! Please, no blogs run by multiple people.
- **I realize I listed my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook fan page as viable entries. I cannot actually keep accurate track of those who follow me on tumblr versus the names they will use on the other sites listed. HOWEVER, you may reblog this post as many times as you like for an entry (so long as you follow me as well).Anyone that has already told me about them following me on said sites will have their entries respected. (Updated 8-11-2014, 9:45pm PST.)
- Rules and items are subject to change! Please check this post regularly!
- Again, the winner will be RANDOMLY DRAWN!
- Once I have drawn a winner, I will check out their tumblr. If they seem like a real person, I will message them!
- If the message is not responded to within a week (7 consecutive days) of me sending it, I will draw another winner RANDOMLY.
- Once I receive a response back, I will send out the package!
- Please send me a current, accurate address and PLEASE make sure you are allowed to receive packages from outside sources!
- Keep in mind that this is a VEGAN give-away, meaning it will have tons of VEGAN STUFF. If I deem that your blog is in any way anti-vegan, I will RESELECT a new winner!
- Rules and items are subject to change! Check this post regularly!
ANIMAL MAN SAYS GO JOIN THIS GIVE-AWAY!!
Do not wear contact lenses if you are in a situation where you may be tear-gassed. When I went through basic training, we were warned that there was a possibility the tear gas they were using could melt contact lenses.
jesus fuck seriously
humans are awful
me: stop being racist please
family: listen… liberal hippie trash ….u dont know anything abotu the world….
can we please talk about the time a sea otter waved at me
If you’re reading this, chances are very high that your home has at least one — and maybe more! — magic appliance that produces clean water suitable for drinking. That’s one reason to avoid paying for bottled water.
Another reason? There’s a good chance the water you’re buying at the supermarket was bottled in California, a state currently enduring a severe drought.
(Images via MotherJones)
EVERYONE PLEASE AT LEAST TAKE A QUICK SECOND TO LOOK AT THIS
BECAUSE IT IS EFFECTING THE EXACT AREA I LIVE IN
Lots of people believe bottled water is safer and cleaner than tap water, when in reality there’s no evidence proving such a thing.
Penn & Teller’s Bullshit!: Bottled Water segment, gives a very good and thorough summary of the bottled water culture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHx6BX3HZJc
You want better water? Buy a Zero filter. SRSLY. Stop buying bottled if possible. You need water with you? Get reusable acrylic or glass water bottles (wrapped in a silicon sleeve) and fill it up from your filter pitcher. SAVE MONEY, SAVE MY STATE
stop drinking bottled water, mother fuckers
But may I remind everyone that if you are really concerned about water conservation, a great place to start is not eating animals and animal products.
- pointed out acne
- treated you like a little slave (you get them EVERYTHING)
- made fun of people who you idolize
- made you feel like an outcast
- ever called you a mistake or worthless
- forced you to go to a place where you weren’t comfortable
- made jokes about your weight
- made you cry
- made you break down
- made you feel like you were all alone
If so I’m going to send each and everyone of you a message!
it must be really wild to actually have a positive relationship with your father
some people really have that????
okay if we’re mutuals u can
- ask for my phone number
this has been a psa thank u
my thick thighs and basic brown eyes will win over someone’s heart one day
A photo of the rare dabadeedabatiger.
this rare species of tiger has the rare pigment “dabadeedabadie” derived from a blue world
scientists have proven that all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue like him inside and outside
I’m fuckin done with this site
This is Duolingo, a language-learning website/app that deserves some serious recognition. It offers over 10 languages for English speakers, as well as courses for non-English speakers around the world, and they’re in the process of adding more.
But wait, I don’t want to do any more schoolwork! Not to worry little one, Duolingo is actually more like a game. You can compete with friends, and earn “lingots” (which are basically Duolingo money) to buy power-ups, extra activities, and bonus skills - like Flirting.
I’m already taking a language, what do I need this for?
It’s not really a secret that most school language courses (in America, anyway) suck and only teach you to speak the language at about a third grader’s level. Which is why Duolingo is so freaking awesome.
Teachers can’t give every student individualized attention, but Duolingo can. If you’re not learning the way you want to or as much as you want to in the classroom, Duolingo is a really great resource. It’s easy, tailored to you, and really effective.
Duolingo tracks your progress and reminds you when you haven’t studied for a while or need a refresher on something. Already semi-fluent in a language? No problem, just take a shortcut to more advanced subjects or test out of the lesson.
The lessons start with the basics (he, she, hello, thank you, etc) and move up to harder stuff. Duolingo focuses on vocabulary first, so you can learn the language and then the grammar that goes with it - much simpler than the system most schools use. It also tracks the number of words you’ve learned and how well you know them.
And you don’t even have to write out the flashcards!
Duolingo is perfect for reviewing everything you forgot over the summer or giving you the extra help you need. And if you’re trying to learn a language on your own, it’s fantastic - you don’t have to create your own lessons. Whether you’re trying to learn your second, third, or fifth language, I seriously recommend Duolingo.
Okay, what else?
Duolingo also has discussion boards, where you can ask for help with a hard lesson, make new friends, watch for updates, and share your achievements.
Even better is the Immersion feature. It won’t send you to Spain or France, but it’s pretty awesome. Duolingo takes real articles from the internet, which users translate. You can translate articles from your native language into the language you’re learning or vice versa, which gives you more experience and makes the Internet more universal.
You can suggest new languages and track Duolingo’s progress in creating new courses. Bilinguals (older than 13) can help to create these courses. Duolingo has a long list of courses that can be contributed to, like Punjabi, Hebrew, and Vietnamese. Oh, and Dothraki, Klingon, Sindarin, and Esperanto.
And the best part? IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
If you love languages or just want to pass French class this year, USE DUOLINGO. Download the app and practice a language while you wait for the bus instead of playing Angry Birds!
Coolest app I’ve ever downloaded.
I love duolingo you can friend me @ havocados
I just downloaded this last night, my mom and I were doing it together and its really neat! She says its alot like Rosetta Stone (which is hundreds of dollars) but this is free!