BISEXUALS ARE NOT CONFUSED
Bisexuals are not confused
BISEXUALS. ARE. NOT. CONFUSED.
BISEXUALS ARE NOT CONFUSED
bisexuals are not confused god this is like the easiest concept ever you piece of shit douchewagon why can’t you just fucking accept it it’s absolutely infuriating
idk im kind of confused on taxes??
BISEXUALS ARE ONLY SLIGHTLY CONFUSED ABOUT A FEW THINGS
LIKE TAXES AND AP CALC AND THE OCCASIONAL RIDDLE
Ill be at sdcc in a couple hours ohmygod
"you’re too young to determine your sexuality" said no one to the heterosexual teenager
I want a dyke for president. I want a person with AIDS for president and I want a fag for vice president and I want someone with no health insurance and I want someone who grew up in a place where the earth is so saturated with toxic waste that they didn’t have a choice about getting leukemia.
I want a president that had an abortion at sixteen and I want a candidate who isn’t the lesser of two evils and I want a president who lost their last lover to AIDS, who still sees that in their eyes every time they lay down to rest, who held their lover in their arms and knew they were dying.
I want a president who has stood on line at the clinic, at the DMV, at the welfare office and has been unemployed and laid off and sexually harassed and gay-bashed and deported. I want someone who has spent the night in the tombs and had a cross burned on their lawn and survived rape.
I want someone who has been in love and been hurt, who respects sex, who has made mistakes and learned from them. I want a black woman for president. I want someone with bad teeth and an attitude, someone who has eaten that nasty hospital food, someone who cross-dresses and has done drugs and been in therapy.
I want someone who has committed civil disobedience. And I want to know why this isn’t possible. I want to know why we started learning somewhere down the line that a president is always a clown: always a john and never a hooker. Always a boss and never a worker, always a liar, always a thief and never caught.
Zoe Leonard (via sonofbaldwin)
If you don’t like musicals, you should remember that Cosette, Miranda Priestley, James Bond, Martha May Whovier, Dr. Erik Selvig, Howard Stark, Molly Weasley and Mr. Darcy sing Abba songs in Greece.
Whose intervention ensured Star Trek saw the light of day?
Answer: Lucille Ball
Most people recognize and remember Lucille Ball as the lovable and silly star of one of America’s earliest and most loved sitcoms, I Love Lucy. What most people don’t know is that Lucille was a savvy business woman and that she and her husband Desi Arnaz had amassed a small fortune and owned their own studio, Desilu.
It was at Desilu that acclaimed Sci-Fi screenwriter and visionary Gene Roddenberry got his big break. Roddenberry pitched the Star Trek pilot to the studio as a sort of Western-inspired space adventure. While many within the studio balked at the idea, Lucille liked the idea and the first pilot was approved and filmed. The pilot was pitched to NBC and was promptly rejected on the grounds that it was too intellectual, not enough like the space-western they had been lead to believe it would be, and audiences wouldn’t relate to it. Lucille, a fan of Roddenberry’s work, pushed back against NBC and insisted they order a second pilot. Ordering a second pilot was a practice almost entirely unheard of and save for Lucille’s charisma and clout with the network it would never have happened.
Roddenberry shot the second pilot, NBC accepted it, and Star Trek premiered in 1966, thus beginning a new era in the Sci-Fi genre and laying the foundation for half a century of Star Trek fandom–an era that would have never come to pass without the intervention and insistence of Lucille Ball.
Bonus Trivia: After her divorce from Arnaz, Lucille bought out his share of their studio. As a result she became the first woman to both head and own a major studio. (*)
Now I love Lucy.
So few people know about this! Too few. Glad to see this turning up here. Also: it was through Lucille Ball’s influence that the concept of the rerun (previously unknown and thought to be worthless by studios to whom it was pitched) finally took hold. Desilu essentially pioneered the concept of syndication, and of the “syndication package” — the minimum number of episodes (initially 65, now sometimes more) necessary for a series to become commercially viable, via onward sales, for longer than its initial live run.
We have a lot to thank Lucy for besides that beautiful rubbery face. :)
This is just another way that we can remember that as women We. Created. Scifi.
Never let anyone tell you that women are a recent addition to fandom. From Mary Shelley on, horror, sci fi and fantasy have been a women’s realm since the beginning.
fuck. I never knew this. A NEW FOREVER REBLOG.
There is much, much more to know about Lucille Ball and her contributions to pop culture, but even more to know about her and her contributions to feminism.
Without Lucille Ball, there would never have been a Mary Tyler Moore.
The Untouchables, Mission: Impossible, Mannix, the Andy Griffith Show, Dick Van Dyke, My Three Sons, I SPy and That Girl were all part of what she, specifically, realized were going to be popular, often despite everyone else saying she was wrong.
Desilu bought RKO, though later sold many of the rights to films from that incredible collection.
As a company,they developed the standard multiple camera format that is used on all sitcoms today.
Today, what was once Desilu, is known as CBS Televisions Studios.
She was an older woman who married a younger man — a Cuban, which in those days was an interracial marriage — through elopement. It was, for the times, scandalous.
So scandalous, that the radio show that ultimately became I Love Lucy was sidelined because Executives didn’t think the public would go for it.
A Cuban headlining a major hit was and is a major win, that is often overlooked these days because of the stereotypes that came from such a popular show.
Together, her and Desi were incredibly shrewd. When the sponsor, Phillip Morris, wouldn’t pay for the expense of filming the show, they said they would take a cut in pay in exchange for the rights to the film, and ended up owning I Love Lucy. It would be two decades and change before CBS got it back, and then under some terms that were favorable to Lucille and Desi’s children, ultimately. Both of whom were born when she was in her 40’s.
She registered as communist in the 1930’s, and as a result, was brought up before the damnable McCarthy HCUAA. She supported Roosevelt for President, and then later voted for Eisenhower — showing that she was more interested in doing what’s right, over doing it for personal gain.
She was one of the greatest women of the last century, a “B movie queen” who changed the world in ways that are, as is often typical, consistently overlooked.
She was the prototype that pushed women to question the status quo, the icon that many struggled with and against, an example that reverberated with people old and young when marching and shouting and arguing about a woman’s right to be her own person and have control over her own life.
She not only inspired it, she lived it.
Impoverished Black and Brown communities do not exist for white people to enter, stay in for a week or so and then come out as though they’re saints because they hugged little Black and Brown kids. #stopthewhitesaviorcomplex2k14
My dad’s dogs, Cooper and Dolly… so many chops.
- Massage Oil – Coconut oil soothes tired and sore muscles. Add a few drops of essential oils for more effect.
- Athletes Foot – The powerful antifungal properties of coconut oil make it perfect for any fungal infection. Add a few drops of oregano or tea tree oil for more antifungal power.
- Acne – Coconut oil gently fights the bacteria that cause acne. Dab it directly on the offending pimples and watch them shrink.
- Cleanser – Coconut oil makes an effective and gentle cleanser to remove the grime of the day.
- Lice – Coconut oil kills and removes this pesky problem.
- Stretch Marks – Prevent and soften stretch marks from pregnancy with coconut oil for soft and supple skin.
- Warts and Moles – Rub oil into area and cover with a bandage. Rub in fresh oil and place a new bandage each day.
- Moisturizer – Coconut oil is an excellent way to soften and hydrate dry, rough, or damaged skin.
- Face Scrub – Mix coconut oil with baking soda, sugar, or cinnamon and oatmeal for the perfect face scrub and exfoliator.
- Dandruff – Massage coconut oil into the scalp to ease symptoms of dandruff, both itching and flaking.
- Curb Appetite – Take a spoonful before meals to curb appetite so you don’t overeat.
- Wrinkles – Rub into lines, creases, and wrinkles to rehydrate skin and soften those wrinkles away.
- Sore Throat – Dissolve a spoonful in your mouth and let it slowly roll down the throat. This will coat and protect the throat, boost the health of mucus membranes, and fight any infection.
- Ring Worm – Rub coconut oil onto affected area to kill the fungus that causes unsightly ringworm. Add tea tree oil to clear the infection even faster.
- Lip Balm – Coconut oil hydrates and protects lips. Coconut even offers some protection from the sun, about an SPF 4.
- Cold Sore – Coconut oil has antiviral properties that will help the body get rid of the virus that causes cold sores. Rub it on when needed and add a drop of oregano oil to speed healing.
- Lubricant – Coconut makes an all-natural personal lubricant for intimate moments without chemicals.
- Gum Removal – Coconut oil gets the sticky stuff out of hair, carpet, and anywhere else it doesn’t belong.
- Pet Health – Coconut oil can do a multitude of things for pets, both topically and internally. It improves breath, makes for a shiny coat, eases joint problems, cleans ears, gets rid of fleas, and much more.
- Stys/Pink Eye – Rub a small amount of coconut oil on the sty or around the eyes to get rid of these painful and annoying infections quickly.
- Earaches – Earaches, swimmer’s ear, and ear infections clear up fast with a few drops of coconut oil mixed with garlic oil.
- Cradle Cap – Coconut oil is gentle and safe for infants and helps ease the itching, pain, redness, and flaking associated with cradle cap.
- Diaper Rash – Coconut oil can help heal mild diaper rash gently and effectively.
- Bruises – Rub coconut oil into bruised skin to speed healing and watch the bruises fade fast.
- Age Spots – Coconut oil has beneficial effects on any skin blemish. Use it to help fade age spots with powerful antioxidants.
- Shaving Cream – Coconut oil keeps the razor gliding smoothly while leaving skin smooth and soft.
- After Shave – Don’t want unpleasant bumps and rashes after shaving? Coconut oil soothes sensitive skin and promotes healing.
- Toothpaste – Mix 1 part coconut oil with 1 part baking soda and add a couple drops of peppermint oil. This makes a refreshing, natural toothpaste that whitens and cleans without added preservatives, fluoride, sweeteners, or other chemicals.
- Chicken Pox – Ease the itch and encourage healing with dabs of coconut oil. It also works on poison ivy, poison oak, mosquito bites, and other insect stings or bites.
- Yeast Infections – Coconut oil fights these fungal infections internally and externally.
- Makeup Remover – Coconut oil removes oil-based makeup easily, like mascara. It cleans, hydrates, and makes skin glow.
- Conditioner – Coconut oil conditions, strengthens, and repairs hair. Massage it in and rinse it out after ten minutes. A small amount can be rubbed in to dry hair to tame frizz.
- Polish Furniture – Coconut oil gives a protective shine to wood furniture. Just make sure you test it out on a small area to make sure you like the outcome.
- Energy – Coconut oil and its medium chain triglycerides make it an excellent energy source to improve stamina, endurance, or just to give you a boost through the day.
- Deodorant – Mix coconut oil with cornstarch, baking soda, and your favorite essential oils for a natural deodorant that smells fantastic.
- Eye Cream – Reduce puffiness and dark circles with a few dabs of coconut oil.
- Eczema – Coconut oil reduces the itchiness, pain, flakiness, and dryness of eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- Sunburn – Coconut oil can help prevent sunburn for short exposures. When you burn, it will also speed healing and take some of the sting away. Make sure you wait until all the heat has dissipated before applying it or you trap the heat in. Wait 24 to 72 hours depending on the extent of the burn.
- Hemorrhoids – Coconut oil eases the pain and discomfort of hemorrhoids and encourages natural healing both internally and externally.
- Nose Bleeds – Rub a bit of coconut oil in nostrils to fight the dry cracking that can lead to nose bleeds and pain.
- Canker Sores – Dab coconut oil on canker sores to kill infection and speed up healing. Coconut oil is also a far tastier way to treat canker sores than most other methods.
- Toothaches – Coconut oil eases the pain and strengthens teeth. You can mix it with a drop of clove oil to almost instantly relieve pain.
- Acid Reflux – Take a small spoonful with meals to keep acid reflux and heartburn at bay.
- Urinary Tract – Treat urinary tract infections with a spoonful of coconut oil. It may even ease the painful passing of kidney stones.
- Nursing – Coconut oil works great to repair dry, cracked skin, including sore nipples from nursing.
- Alzheimer’s – Some research points to coconut oil as a way to slow the progression of or prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Bones – Coconut oil aids the body in the absorption of calcium and magnesium. Both minerals are important for strong bones and teeth.
- Epilepsy – Coconut oil may reduce the incidence and intensity of epileptic seizures.
- Fitness – Coconut oil boosts energy, increases metabolism, improves thyroid function, and aids healthy weight loss. It is the perfect addition to any workout or fitness regimen.
- Cooking – Coconut oil doesn’t form harmful by-products when heated like most other oils and animal fats. Use it to replace butter, cup for cup in recipes. Sauté, cook, bake, broil, braise, and more using coconut oil as a healthier alternative.
Nature is wonderful.
hello!!! here is a list of affordable cruelty free make up brands. These are either certified by PETA, Leaping Bunny, or have been verified by me through research. This isn’t the ultimate cruelty free list but this is just what I have found!!! let me know if u guys have any questions/requests regarding cruelty free brands and make up in general!!!
- BH Cosmetics - great for makeup artists on a budget!! plenty of affordable palettes and theyre always having sales. Available online.
- Black Radiance -If ur a PoC that has trouble finding make up dark enough for ur skin tone, this is a great brand! cruelty free, super affordable. Available at some drugstores and online
- Bonne Belle - I haven’t tried any products They’re sold online and at some drug/ discount stores.
- City Color - Great matte blushes!! Super pigmented and nice!!So far, I think they’re only available online.
- Coastal Scents - They have awesome make up brushes at super affordable pricing. They 2 great palettes called Revealed and Revealed 2 that I have heard are comparable to the Naked series by Urban Decay (also a CF brand just more high end). And if you’ve been looking for something similar to Urban Decay’s 24 hour Primer Potion, the Coastal Scents one is practically the same thing. Available online.
- Colourpop - This is a fairly new brand, so I haven’t tried anything from them, but ive heard they are colorful, cheap, and really nice. Available online.
- Ecotools - Amazing Eco-Friendly brush line! They are SO affordable and nice and super soft!! Available at most drugstores and online.
- Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F.) - ELF IS SO AMAZING!! I literally cannot stop talking about this brand. They actually have every product you could want and most of them are so great!!! They’re always having sales. Available online and at most drugstores.
- Flower Beauty - This is Drew Barrymore’s makeup line and let me tell ya the girl knows how to make good makeup. They are a little up there for drugstore prices, but the product quality is totes worth it. Available at Walmart and Online
- Hard Candy - Pretty decent makeup line. Kind of hit and miss but their concealer is amaze. Available at Walmart and online
- Jane Cosmetics - I’ve heard mixed reviews about this line and I’ve never tried it. I find it pricey for a drugstore brand but definitely check them out if ur interested!! Available at ULTA, other retailers, and online.
- Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics - Cool line!! I really like their liquid eyeliner pen and I’ve heard good things about their 9 pan shadow palettes. . Available at Rite Aid and online.
- L.A. Colors - If you’re really on a budget go for L.A. colors. Most items are only one dollar and for the price you actually cannot get any better. Their lipsticks have such a great color range and they just have really great products.. Available at dollar/discount stores and online.
- L.A. Girl - Owned by the same company as L.A. Colors and its just as good. They are a little bit more expensive but they are still sooo affordable. I’ve heard that their pro conceal is very similar to the famous (and crazy expensive) MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer. AND their Glazed Lip Paints are the same as the Melted Lip Paints from Too Faced and the OCC Lip Tars!!! Available at Rite Aid, online, and cherryculture
- Makeup Revolution - Very new brand that I haven’t tried but its mega cheap and ships worldwide. Available online.
- NYX - Pretty much the same thing as ELF but more expensive. I love their lipstick so much!!! Available online, cherryculture, ulta, and some drugstores
- Physician’s Formula - Pretty expensive for a drugstore brand but its worth it!! Not the best color range but pretty darn good. Available online and at most drugstores.
- Prestige Cosmetics - Haven’t tried any thing from them but I’ve heard they’re pretty good!! Available online and at Rite Aid I believe
- Real Techniques - Everyone has heard of this line but really high quality affordable brushes. Available at Ulta, some drugstores, and online.
- Sonia Kashuk - Also has nice brushes and eye palettes and other stuff. Available at Target and online.
- Wet n Wild - AMAZING EYESHADOWS AND LIPSTICKs!! And most of their products are under $5. Available at most drugstores and online
Send me requests for other masterposts/tips on make up or let me know if there is any products u want me 2 review